Modern Maritime Law (Volume 2) 3e-Managing Risks and Liabilities
|Author : Aleka Mandaraka-Sheppard|
|Master eBook ISBN10: 1315863146|
|Master eBook ISBN13: 978-1-315-86314-6|
|No of pages : 1019|
|eBook Price : $240|
|(Price includes all sales taxes where applicable)|
|Originally Published : Dec 17, 2013|
This unique title examines in depth issues of jurisdiction, maritime law and practice from a modern perspective and highlights the importance of risk management with a view to avoiding pitfalls in litigation or arbitration and minimising exposure to liabilities.
The third edition has been fully revised and restructured into two self-contained volumes, the first covering jurisdictional issues and risks and the second exploring the diverse aspects of maritime law, risks and liabilities.
The second volume tackles the substantive maritime law with a particular emphasis on risk and liabilities, and analyses issues of contract, tort and criminal law, causation and remoteness of damages.
Key features of Volume Two include:
- An analysis of the regulatory regime, new EU and IMO safety at sea legislation, reforming practices for flag states and recognised organisations, vetting, codes of good practice, and International Conventions.
- An explanation of the Rules of attribution of liability, the impact of the ISM Code upon liabilities, including criminal, corporate manslaughter, and the new Directive for ship-source pollution.
- Important developments in areas including:
- Ship-managing risks, best endeavours and fiduciary duties
- Mortgagees risks and economic torts
- New BIMCO standard terms of contracts
- Ship-sale risks – including sale 'as is' and 'as she was'
- Shipbuilding risks – guarantees and performance bonds
- New trends on wrongful acts of employees, collisions and measure of damages, salvage issues, environmental salvage, and towage contracts
- Piracy risks cases and general average
- New perspectives on risks and liabilities of port authorities
- Pollution liabilities, including trends of prosecution of class societies and charterers and new limits of liability under International Conventions
Purchase Volumes 1 and 2 of the Modern Maritime Law together for a reduced price at http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415843201/
Order an electronic Inspection Copy
Buy printed Book