Creativity in the Primary Curriculum-
|Editor : Russell Jones, Dominic Wyse|
|Master eBook ISBN10: 0203809467|
|Master eBook ISBN13: 978-0-203-80946-4|
|No of pages : 186|
|eBook Price : $39.95|
|(Price includes all sales taxes where applicable)|
|Originally Published : Jan 17, 2013|
Are you striving to establish a more creative and imaginative classroom? Are you interested in:
- the generosity of creativity;
- creative conjecture;
- being an advocate for creativity;
- welcoming the unexpected,
- the unpredictable and the unconventional;
- taking risks;
- learning which leads to new or original thinking which is of value?
If so, this completely updated new edition of a classic text will show you how to achieve these ideals.
The book is written in a clear and practical way by leading researchers and practitioners, offering help and advice on the planning and implementation of effective creative teaching and learning, and providing examples of best practice through a rigorous theoretical rationale.
A hallmark of the book is its exploration of creativity through curriculum subjects. It builds on this in its first and last chapters by addressing key cross-curricular themes that thread their way throughout the book. Throughout there is an emphasis on critical and reflective practice.
New to this edition are:
- three entirely new chapters on drama, music and geography;
- an update of the introduction to account for advances in creativity research, policy and practice;
- a new final chapter identifying cross-curricular themes;
- greater attention to international dimensions and examples.
In this second edition the authors are drawn from six universities which between them produce some of the best education research internationally, and some of the best teacher education. The authors also come from leading national and international organisations such as the National Gallery in London and the Geographical Association.
Creaivity for the Primary Curriculum is a core text for both training and practicing Primary teachers who wish to maintain high standards when approaching their teaching.
Order an electronic Inspection Copy
Buy printed Book