The Environmental Performance of Tall Buildings
Author: Joana Carla Soares Goncalves
Master eBook ISBN10 : 1849776555
Master eBook ISBN13 : 978-1-849-77655-4
No of pages : 401
eBook Price : $85.00
Originally Published : May 4, 2012
Tall buildings represent one of the most energy-intensive architectural typologies, while at the same time offering the high density work and living conditions that many believe will an important constituent of future sustainable communities. How, then, can their environmental impact be lessened? This insightful book takes in:
- an overview of the tall building and its impacts (looking at cityscape, place, mobility, microclimate, energy and economics)
- design principles and the development of the sustainable tall building
- global perspectives (covering North and South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia)
- detailed, qualitative case studies of buildings in design and operation
- the future for sustainable tall buildings.
Not simply another showcase for future utopian designs and ideals, the information presented here is based on hard research from operating buildings. Highly illustrated and combining analysis with solid detail for practice, this is essential reading for architects, building engineers, design consultants, retrofitters and urban planners interested in or working with tall buildings, and researchers/students in these disciplines.