Sandplay is a growing field of interest for Jungian and other psychotherapists. Sandplay - Silent Workshop of the Psyche by Kay Bradway and Barbara McCoard, provides an introduction to sandplay as well as extensive new material for those already using this form of therapy.
Based on the authors' wide-ranging clinical work, it includes:
- in-depth sandplay case histories
- material from a wide range of adults and children
- over 90 illustrations in black and white and colour
- detailed notes on interpretation of sand trays
- an examination of symbols and concepts used in sandplay.
Clearly written and soundly based in theory, this book provides historical background for understanding sandplay as well as helpful discussion of how it works in a clinical context.
Kay Bradway and Barbara McCoard bring their indispensable personal experience to the subject to stress the healing potential of sandplay. They also reflect on the nature of a therapy where the psyche works largely in silence.