Colloquial Kazakh provides a step-by-step course in Kazakh as it is written and spoken today. Combining a user-friendly approach with a thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Kazakh in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Key features include:
- progressive coverage of speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- structured, jargon-free explanations of grammar
- an extensive range of focused and stimulating exercises
- realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of scenarios
- useful vocabulary lists throughout the text
- an overview of the sounds and alphabet of Kazakh
- additional resources available at the back of the book, including a full answer key, a grammar summary, bilingual glossaries and English translations of dialogues.
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Kazakh will be an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Kazakh.
Accompanying audio material is available to purchase separately on CD/MP3 format, or comes included in the great value Colloquials Pack.