Solution Focused Brief Therapy -100 Key Points and Techniques
Author: Harvey Ratner, Evan George, Chris Iveson
Master eBook ISBN10 : 0203116569
Master eBook ISBN13 : 978-0-203-11656-2
No of pages : 272
eBook Price : $23.95
Originally Published : Jul 26, 2012
Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 100 Key Points and Techniques provides a concise and jargon-free guide to the thinking and practice of this exciting approach, which enables people to make changes in their lives quickly and effectively. It covers:
- The history and background to solution focused practice
- The philosophical underpinnings of the approach
- Techniques and practices
- Specific applications to work with children and adolescents, (including schools-based work) families, and adults
- How to deal with difficult situations
- Organisationanal applications including supervision, coaching and leadership.
- Frequently asked questions
This book is an invaluable resource for all therapists and counsellors, whether in training or practice. It will also be essential for any professional whose job it is to help people make changes in their lives, and will therefore be of interest to social workers, probation officers, psychiatric staff, doctors, and teachers, as well as those working in organisations as coaches and managers.