Introducing Language in Use -A Course Book
Author: Aileen Bloomer, Patrick Griffiths, Andrew John Merrison
Master eBook ISBN10 : 0203087925
Master eBook ISBN13 : 978-0-203-08792-3
No of pages : 496
eBook Price : $44.95
Originally Published : Mar 7, 2013
Drawing on a vast range of data and examples of language in its many forms, this book provides students with the tools they need to analyze real language in diverse contexts. Designed to be highly adaptable for course use, the authors suggest a range of different routes through the book.
Introducing Language in Use:
- covers all the core areas and topics of language study: language, semiotics and communication, grammar, phonetics, words, semantics, variety in language, history of English, World Englishes and multilingualism
- adopts a 'how to' approach, encouraging students to apply their knowledge as they learn it
- draws on examples of language from around the world in forms ranging from conversation to advertising and text messaging, always giving precedence to real language in use
- includes activities throughout the text with commentaries, summaries, suggestions for further reading and an extensive glossary of terms
- features a final unit which provides students with extensive practice in analyzing language in use
- is supported by a companion website, offering extra resources for students and lecturers.
This is an essential coursebook for all introductory courses in English language, communication and linguistics.
The accompanying website can be found at www.routledge.co.uk/textbooks/0415291798.